The V-Line 2D Laser Scanner RIEGL VQ-180 provides high speed, non-contact data acquisition using a narrow infrared laser beam and a fast line scanning mechanism. High accuracy laser ranging is based on RIEGL´s unique echo digitization and online waveform analysis, which allows achieving superior measurement capability even under adverse atmospheric conditions and the evaluation of multiple target echoes. The scanning mechanism is based on a fast rotating multi-facet polygonal mirror, which provides fully linear, unidirectional and parallel scan lines.
The RIEGL VQ-180 is a very compact and lightweight scanner, mountable in any orientation and even under limited space conditions on moving platforms, such as boats, trains, road and off-road vehicles. The instrument needs only one power supply and provides discrete line scan data, directly stored on a computer system, via the integrated LAN-TCP/IP interface. The binary data stream can easily be decoded by user-designed software making use of the available software library RiVLib.
- Highest ranging accuracy based on echo digitization and online waveform analysis
- Vertical FOV 100°
- Multiple target capability
- Perfectly linear scan lines
- Compact, rugged and lightweight design
- Electrical interfaces for GPS data string and Sync Pulse (1PPS)
- Mechanical interface for IMU mounting
- Integrated LAN-TCP/IP interface
- Mapping of Coastal Lines
- Civil Engineering