With the new VP-1 HeliCopterPod RIEGL provides a user-friendly turnkey solution for the application of the new RIEGL VUX-1LR Long Range LiDAR Sensor in airborne surveying missions.
The VUX-SYS for Airborne Laser Scanning – comprising the LiDAR Sensor, the IMU/GNSS unit with antenna, the control unit and a digital camera – is fully integrated into the small and lightweight RIEGL VP-1 HeliCopterPod, to be mounted on standard hard points and typical camera mounts of manned helicopters. Quick release adapter brackets and a minimum of external cabling (i.e. power supply, LAN, GPS antenna) allow quick system installation and removal.
- Robust and reliable airborne scanner carrying platform
- Fully mechanical and electrical integration of sensor system components into aircraft fuselage
- Application for Supplementary Type Certificate (STC) in progress
- Precision Agriculture
- Archaeology & Cultural Heritage
- Terrain and Canyon Mapping
- Surveying of Urban Environments
- Power Line, Railway Track, and Pipeline Inspection
- Accident Investigation
- Emergency Management Planning