The V-Line Airborne Laser Scanner RIEGL VQ-580 provides high speed, non-contact data acquisition using a narrow near-infrared laser beam and a fast line scanning mechanism and was especially designed to measure on snow & ice. High-accuracy laser ranging is based on RIEGL's unique echo digitization and online waveform processing, which allows achieving superior measurement results even under adverse atmospheric conditions, and the evaluation of multiple target echoes.
The scanning mechanism is based on a fast rotating multi-facet polygonal mirror, which provides fully linear, unidirectional and parallel scan lines.
The RIEGL VQ-580 is a very compact and lightweight scanner, mountable in any orientation and even under limited space conditions on helicopters or UAVs. The instrument needs only one power supply and provides line scan data via the integrated LAN-TCP/IP interface. The binary data stream can easily be decoded by user-designed software making use of the available software library RiVLib.
- Especially designed to measure on snow & ice
- High-accuracy ranging based on echo digitization and online waveform processing
- High laser repetition rate - fast data acquisition
- Multiple target capability - unlimited number of targets
- Perfectly linear scan lines
- Compact, rugged and lightweight design
- Electrical interfaces for GPS data string and Sync Pulse (1PPS)
- Mechanical interface for IMU mounting
- Integrated LAN-TCP/IP interface
- Glacier & Snowfield Mapping
- Agriculture & Forestry
- Topography & Mining
- Mapping of Lakesides & River Banks
- Corridor Mapping